1 de Junio de 2022
“The Evolution of Crypto: Global Challenges, Current Approaches, and Future Preparations.”
Over the years, the use of cryptocurrency is reportedly prevalent in illicit darkweb marketplaces, especially in sex and drug trafficking incidents and various money laundering schemes. However, the existing capabilities of many law enforcement agencies are limited, and many local and state law enforcement officers often lack the expertise to identify and acquire potential evidential artifacts
Cybercrime investigation Competition
The U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) awarded Boston University Metropolitan College’s Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity program a federal grant to support the project titled “Student Computer Forensics and Digital Evidence Educational Opportunities Program” for enhancing current capacities of law enforcement agencies in the areas of computer forensics and digital evidence, in turn leading to improved cybercrime investigations and successful prosecutions, ultimately resulting in reduced cybercrime investigation.
With much consideration to the ongoing pandemic, the 2022 competition will be held virtually as a team competition. For this competition, college student/practitioner teams will engage in cybercrime investigation-focused activities centered on digital forensics.
The goal of the competition is to develop an effective cybercrime investigation training, test the best practices reflecting the needs of all levels of law enforcement, and establish training guidelines in computer forensics and digital evidence.
Undergraduate students, graduate students, and government employees in the field of criminal justice. Each team will be made up of three members: 1) Desktop Forensics 2) Mobile Forensics 3) Legal Specialist.
- Winning Team: $X,XXX prize
- In addition to the winning prize, each member of the winning team will be awarded a $X,XXX scholarship (a total sum of $X,XXX per team) to be applied to the tuition of BU MET’s Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity Graduate Certificate.
- February 2022: Competition Registration Opens
- March 2022: Competition Registration Closes & Selection of Participants
- May 2022: Access to Competition Platform
- June 1, 2022: Competition Day
- June 2, 2022: Presentation via Mock Trial (Top Three Teams)